Frequently Asked Questions:
- What will I be doing?You will be answering questions on some questionnaires and surveys, participating in neuropsychological and cognitive tests, and going inside an MRI scanner.
- What is an MRI Scan and is it safe?The MRI scanner is a safe and non-invasive way for researchers see brain activity. Numerous studies have been conducted using MRI scans and have found that there are no significant adverse side effects from being inside one. Please contact us at any point if your child experiences any discomfort.
- Why do I have to stay still in the scanner?Any movement will disrupt the images taken by the MRI scanner, similar to a camera trying to take a picture of a moving object. Movement will result in unusable data.
- What information will you collect?We will collect your date of birth, email address, and mailing address. We will also collect data from your neuropsychological and cognitive tests.
- Will anyone find out my information?We will do everything we can to keep your information confidential, such as using a study ID number instead of your name in all study documents and using password protected servers for data storage. Except our trained study staff, no one will have access to your information.
- Can I stop participating at any point?Yes! Participating in research is completely voluntary. Please let us know at any time if you are uncomfortable and would like to stop.
- Am I compensated?Yes! You will receive compensation at the end of the study.
- What about parking?We will cover all transportation costs. If you drive, we will provide a parking pass for you.
- How can I get involved?